Time Domain Reflectometer Overview
TDR-410 time-domain reflectometers are designed to detect location of faults in metal wires. These products are designed for electrical wholesalers, cable dealers, electrical installation companies, maintenance personnel at manufacturing plants and building personnel.
SONEL reflectometers are known for their long range, up to 4,000 m for the TDR-410, very low margin of 1% error in measurement with the ability to adjust both the velocity of propagation and the impedance of the cable which is under investigation. By using two cursors there should be no problem with determining both the distance to two faults and the
distance between them.
Cable fault location Includes:
- Location damaged power cables.
- Fault location copper telecom cables.
- Coaxial cable fault location.
- Fault location wiring infrastructure.
- Detection of breaks, short circuits, damage caused by dampness and other changes in impedance of the cable.
- Graphic depiction of damage the cable with automatic indication the distance to fault on the screen.
Time Domain Reflectometer Features:
- automatic or manual mode:
- the automatic fault location (AFL),
- manual range selection and sensitivity,
- scan continuous or single measurement triggered manually
- ranges from 7 m to 4000 m selected in manual mode or matched automatically,
- “Dead zone” measure limited to 0.5 m,
- Backlit 2.5 “LCD screen
- scan automatically or manually trigger,
- manually or automatically adjusted sensitivity,
- impedance matching,
- propagation coefficient adjustment 1% to 99%,
- water resistant housing.
- small size and weight.
- Extended battery life of 30 hours of continuously scan on one battery set.