Time Domain Reflectometer Overview
TDR-420 is a hand held Time Domain Reflectometer designed to locate and identify faults in power, telecommunications and data cables. Specifically made for, electrical wholesalers, cable dealers, electrical installation companies, maintenance personnel at manufacturing plants and building personnel. This TDR-420 reflectometer allows you to measure the length of a cable as well as determine the distance to damage or impedance variation in conductors with metal wires in the range of 0.6 m -6000 m. With a measuring shortest range selected at 7 meters and a dead zone of 0.6 meters allows to locate damages at a very close distance from the place where the device is connected.
Time Domain Reflectometer Product features
- Possibility damage-free location of impedance changes of tested cables and wires such as:
- shorted conductor,
- open conductor / end of cable – useful during the inventory of warehouses and stores,
- water ingress,
- wet splice,
- bridge tap
- or other changes.
- tight and durable housing with IP67 ingress protection degree.
- Small size and weight.
- Single measurement mode ONCE,
- Continuously measurement mode CONT,
- Tone signal generator TONE,
- Two cursors to mark two places of damage along with an indication of the distance between them,
- Built-in HELP function for easier interpretation of the reflectogram,
- 11 available measuring ranges from 7 m to 6000 m,
- dead zone” limited to 0.6 m,
- Color 3,5” LCD TFT display with resolution 320 x 240 pixels,
- manually set of sensitivity in 8 steps GAIN,
- output impedance regulation up to 200 Ω (possibility of measuring pre-insulated pipes),
- Velocity of Propagation set in range from 10% to 99%,