Who is PTL Dr. Grabenhorst GmbH?
PTL is a continuation of an electrical workshop founded in 1947 in Bamberg by Master Engineer Georg Müller under the name PHYS.-TECHN. LABOR. They are are a manufacturer of test equipment typical for safety and conformity to a specific standard.
In 1965, the company was transferred to Stadtsteinach and taken over after the founder passed away in 1974 by Dr.-Ing. Dieter Grabenhorst. Since the 1st of January 1984, the registered name changed to PTL Dr. Grabenhorst GmbH. In 1986 the buildings were acquired and enlarged, where PTL is accommodated today.
The following years stood out for continuous expanding on the areas quality assurance, product and production improvement as well as international partnerships.
Dr. Grabenhorst retired end of 2005 and his son Juergen Grabenhorst took over the company. In September 2017 anniversary – 70 Years of PTL – was celebrated.
What is our relationship with PTL?
Action Instruments has been an importer and distributor into South Africa of PTL products for some time now and when it comes to flow measurement you can be assured that they follow the principles that is known of German manufacturers: Skills translating into quality and efficient engineering. In short their product are made to last. These units have a great reputation due to their product durability.
We support PTL products through repair services here in South Africa, with a local repair and calibration lab. This serves as a good basis to help re-solve any difficulties, in the unlikely event of a issue occurring with a product. We therefor are able to support most product lines locally as a first line of defence.
We also deal closely with the trade and have a network of close partners that help us to distribute the products in Southern Africa.
What does PTL do?
Manufacture test equipment for type testing including items:
- mechanical strength: test equipment to demonstrate the level of robustness, the durability, the impact strength as well as the resistance against wear, harmful effects and deformation,
- test equipment to prove the degrees of Ingress Protection provided by enclosures (IP Code),
- electrical safety, comprising e.g. test equipment for surge test, gauges for creepage and air distances, temperature measuring equipment,
- breaking capacity and behaviour in normal use of switches as well as plugs and socket-outlets, being actuated by test units while subjected to electrical load,
- resistance to heat and fire: test equipment for plastics to verify the fire resistance, the resistance to tracking and to deformation, when subjected to heat,
- test equipment for cables, plugs, socket-outlets concerning e.g. cord anchorage, flexibility, behaviour when subjected to high or low temperatures and abrasion resistance,
- testing of insulating materials: test equipment concerning characteristics of raw materials.
For more info please take a look at the following site. http://www.ptl-test.de